Whether you're stuffing your face or stuffing stockings this weekend, a lot of us are taking a moment to give thanks for all we have. In honor of Thanksgiving, here is what we're thankful for most at Secret Stage:
5. Beer - "Yes, I am thankful for beer. I'd be sad if it went away, or if I was allergic to it or something."
4. Motorsport - "I don't watch as much as I'd like. I always want to watch the 24 Hours of LeMans, but usually end up missing it. But what I am really thankful for is all the series that require the cars to be based on production cars. This cause the manufacturers to make their production cars faster and better. That is what I'm really thankful for."
3. Visual Entertainment - "This is things like movies, TV, and video games. All the things I do when I'm bored. It would be a boring life without them."
2. Music - "I think it goes without saying that the world would be a terrible place without music."
1. Loved Ones - "It would be rude to name some people over others, so I'm grouping everyone together."
HM. Food & Water - "This one kind of goes without saying. But, as my list is pretty serious, I needed to shout out my main love food. You da best, food."
5. Career - "Let's be real. I'm a go getter and don't know when/if I'll reach that point where I can look at my life and say THIS is where I want to be. However, I've come a long way and to be in my dream industry by the age of 23 is something not many people can say. So I'm grateful for everyone who gave me a chance in this business and for everyone who will help push me further."
4. Education - "There are FAR too many people who don't have access to education. Whether it's traditional schooling, hands on experience, or learning things on YouTube. I am constantly pushing myself to learn when knowledge is so accessible here."
3. Health - "While I battle anxiety & depression with a side of asthma and hormone imbalance, I'm pretty damn healthy in the grand scheme of things. Plus, my bubble aside, there are a lot of people who aren't so lucky. I try not to take my health for granted."
2. Safety - "2015 has been a particularly rough year for planet Earth. War, terrorism, natural disasters, race/religion/gender arguments spiraling out of control. I know safety is an ongoing concern and anything could happen to change my personal well being in an instant, but overall I've got it pretty good. I'm thankful for this daily."
1. Family & Friends - "I don't get to see either party often, but I'm thankful to have them none the less. My family has been through a lot and we're extremely close, so the fact they're all alive and well is amazing. As for friends, I made an effort these past few years to keep the best ones close and rid myself of those who were bringing me down. Since doing this, I have some incredible friends who actually care about my well being and it's been nice. Happy Thanksgiving everyone smile emoticon"
5. People Like My Girlfriend and my Dad - "These are two of the most giving and selfless people I've ever met. The type to put, honestly, too many people before themselves. If it came down to it, they would give you the shirt off their back. I stride to be more selfless and be a little more like them, because we need more people like that."
4. Friends and Family - "I'm fortunate enough to have a wide range and good group of different friends, some of which are family and others who might as well be. They keep me going, always supporting me in whatever decisions I make, being my advice givers more than once, and providing endless memories! I could never show my gratitude enough for all they have done, and continue to do for me.
3. Free Lifestyle - "Obviously, I'm an adult and in being so I make my own decisions. Beyond that though, I feel so free to make whatever decision I want, with no expectation, pressure, unwanted influence. Free to make whatever purchase I can afford, dress the way I want, or indulge in anyway I see fit. I'm very thankful to not have that over involvement or influence from people unless asked."
2. Good Fortune - "I do feel blessed with the good fortune of friends and family that care about me. But also, that I'm healthy, working, completely self sufficientand able to have live that lifestyle I mentioned. I've had many experiences, so more extravagant than others, but some that a lot of people don't get, and I am ever great fun for that."
1. How I Was Raised - "I guess you could say it's thankful for my parents. There are so many thing I learned from them. They always supported me, and the many phases/styles I went through. I think the most important thing I still take to heart, is to always follow my dreams, and I can do anything I put my mind to, because that encouragement can be scarce sometimes. So I'm the most thankful for them and how they always continue to believe in me."
5. Games - "I'm thankful for the existence of games and I know that could sound crazy to somebody who doesn't partake in them but, the wonderful part of games is that you can experience a world and it's problems, or do things you've always imagined of doing but are restricted from in the actual world. You can experience almost anything vicariously through a video game, and just like music, it can make you feel differently and I love that."
4. My Job - "I'm lucky to be surrounded by people every day who care about the same things as me, and also want to grow and develop themselves as an individual"
3. Music - "I'm going to be that guy now, but music is so prevalent in most people's lives. We are surrounded by it all day. I get in my car to go to work, listen to it, get to work and listen to it all day. There's music I listen to in the morning for specific reasons and there's music I listen to at night for specific reasons. It can make you sad or it can cheer you up, music is very powerful and I'm very thankful to have it in my life."
2. Friends - "Sometimes, family and friends are something that kind of mash together, and you get that same feeling of togetherness, I am lucky to have that in my life. I've known the guys here at Secret Stage now and I know I wouldn't be the same person without them."
1. Family - "I feel like family is probably the most important thing over everything. When you have nothing else you'll always have family, and when it comes down to it, as we head into the holidays, there's nothing that makes me more happy that being snowed in at my grandma's and playing board games with everyone."
5. My Job - “I'm super thankful for the job that I have. I work full time and make the cash money I need to do the things I need/want. For being so young, I’m decently far in my job and Im on my way to bigger things. There are so many opportunities in my company which is super awesome because there are so many different things that I can do with my life. And to top it off, its a place I really like working. (90% of the time)"
4. Experiences - “I’ve had quite a few different experiences I’m thankful for. Like moving out at 18, working full time, paying for all of my own bills. 2 out of the 3 of those things kind of suck. Buuuuuut, these things have taught me so much about being an adult, which has helped me with work, and decision making, and just life itself."
3. Friends - “I’m thankful for all of the friends that I have. Half of them I work with (which is another reason why I am thankful/love my job. I know all of my friends have my back no matter what and that is a huge thing to me. They’re also people that I can talk to about literally anything without being uncomfortable or embarrassed, which is awesome."
2. Jordan - “Just like my friends, he is someone I can talk to about anything and be 100% comfortable. I’m super thankful that I get to come home to him every night. He is also someone that I can look up to when it comes to working. We both work for the same company, he is hire up than I am and does very well at his job. I have had the opportunity to work with him multiple times and he has taught me quite a lot. He is also huge supporter in my artwork, which I appreciate a lot. He can be a butt sometimes, but he makes me happy and I love him."
1. Family - “I’m thankful for my dad, grandparents, brothers, sister, and also Jordan’s family. My home life fam has been there me through everything. My dad especially. He also wanted me to do what I wanted with my life and supported me on a majority of my decisions. Even if it was something he didn’t necessarily agree with, he still did because he knew it was what made me happy. With Jordan’s family, they made me feel like I am apart of it. They are all so caring and kind and Im so thankful for that. Ive never been so comfortable with someone else’s family and its such a great feeling. I feel loved whenever I’m with mine, and Jordan’s family."
5. Human Ingenuity - "Never underestimate what humans can come up with. In our short existence, we've harnessed the power of an atom, blasted away from our planet, and invented selfies."
4. Art and Self-Expression - "We'd be nowhere without science, but I think the creativity that leads to progress are often informed by art. That, and who doesn't like to sit down in front of movie after a long day? It's a great age to both create and consume content."
3. The Secret Stage Community - "In 5 months, we've made something special with you guys, and we're only looking to become closer as time goes on. Thank you guys for letting us do this stuff!"
2. The Internet - "I mean, I love how interconnected the world is. Information travels quickly, and the crap gets buried. For the time being, it's the best information platform out there. Also, cats."
1. Friends and Family - "Without a doubt, the support from my family and friends (who are family) gets me through a lot. It'd be really rough without them."