The cookie: A wonderful little crisp of dough and sugar that can come in endless combinations. Around the holidays, you'd be hard pressed to not see cookies of all kinds populate the snack table at any social gathering. You simply can't go wrong with them; they may feature chocolate chips, feature frosting, or taste best dipped in a glass of milk. We're no strangers to the glory of the sweet little cakes, so here are our favorite kinds of cookies:
HM. Those weird ass round holiday themed cookies - "Whether you've got Santa or another holiday mascot on you, keep doing what you're doing weird holiday cookies, I see you."
5. Oreo Cookies - "Who doesn't love huge glass of milk and some Oreos? It's pretty much everyone's favorite past time."
4. Sugar Cookies - "My mom always makes a shit ton of sugar cookies over the holidays and mixes a ton of different colored frosting together so that we can all decorate together. Even though the coloring is all the same flavor, they almost taste different and you always end up choosing which color tastes the best to you."
3. Macadamia Nut Cookies - "I generally always hate cookies with nuts in them, but when I was younger I thought it was vanilla. I feel like they're one of the more unique cookies."
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies - " Fucking. Classic. Again, give me a huge glass of milk and I'm all set. I love when I'm at my parents house and I catch them fresh out of the oven."
1. Peanut Butter Cookies - "I've recently had a weird thing with Peanut Butter. I'm not as much of a fan of these cookies when they aren't fresh, but when they're hot nothing can top them."
HM. Macaroons - "I recently had one of my local bands send me a box of macaroons as a thank you for playing them on my radio show. It's was not only a sweet surprise (pun intended), but I'd never had REAL macaroons before. Thus, it was a start to a very dangerous obsession."
5. Peanut Butter - "While I'm not always in the mood for peanut butter cookies, they are a consistent favorite because I love peanut butter. A good go to."
4. Christmas Cookies - "I know. I took the easy way out by calling them "Christmas cookies", but there are too many great ones at this time of year! Shortbread, gingerbread, sugar, frosted, sprinkled, no bake, festive colored.... I love 'em all."
3. Double Chocolate Chip - "I absolutely love chocolate. However, it can be pretty rich when it comes to cookies. So I try to make these a special treat where I can and only bake them roughly once a year. It's one of the best times of year easy."
2. Oreo - "I'll be honest. I haven't had an Oreo in years, but there is a reason for this. I love these so much that if I buy a box/bag/the weird hybrid container it comes in, I WILL eat the whole thing in a matter of days. That's a full days worth of calories in a few shameful sittings. I simply can't bring myself to do that anymore... but fuck do I miss it."
1. Chocolate Chip - "The classic chocolate chip wins every time for me. Although it needs to be done right. Crispy edges, gooey middle, lots of chocolate chips, warm with a side of cold milk. That's tops."
5. Golden Oreos - "Secret time. I don't like chocolate. Not such a secret. However, I do get to experience this glorious version of Milk's Favorite Cookie."
4. Lemon Bars - "My mom used to make these, but she doesn't anymore. This is simply a plea for her to do so."
3. Ginger Snaps - "My nicknamesake is one of the finest cookie options on the planet. They're petite, crispy, and pack a PUNCH. They'll leave a tingle on your tongue too, so make sure you wash it down pronto."
2. Peanut Butter Cookies - "Up until a few years ago, these were always my favorites. They've got that creamy peanut butter feel, and those weird fork marks on top. Who knows what those are for? No one does, but I'm okay with that."
1. Soft Molasses Cookies - "The king of holiday snacks. They'll melt right in your mouth and have just the right blend of ingredients to keep you coming back. I can eat a dozen of these anytime, anywhere."
5. Sugar Cookies with the Hershey's Kiss in the Middle - "This one is classic and so easily recognized. I Think it's a mixture of the simple classic taste with a crowd favorite chocolate on top."
4. Snicker Doodle - "I remember my friends mom would always make these when we were growing up. She was the best baker, so these were always a treat. It's also a taste unlike any other."
3. M&M CHEWY Chips Ahoy - "The chewy aspect is a must, and Chips Ahoy chewy cookies have just the right amount of flex. The M&Ms are just the best way to get chocolate into your cookie. It's a classic candy inside the perfect cookie."
2. Milano - "Any Milano cookie is a delight. They are a bit more expensive, so I remember when I was younger that these were a treat. I can't quite describe, but from the moment the outer cookie touches your taste buds to the delicious filling, they are on point."
1. Peanut Butter Cookies with the Fork Marks - "This is my most childhood related one for sure. I think these pair with milk the best of any on my list. But it's definitely the nostalgia of baking them with my mom, and putting the signature fork marks on top. They aren't quite the same without those marks."
5. Short Bread - "Maybe it is because I only really see them during one part of the year, but I always eat a lot of them whenever I see them."
4. Molasses - "I should note that I only really like them when they are soft. They are alright once they get crunchy, but I don't like them nearly as much at that point."
3. Peanut Butter - "Again, not really a big fan when they are crunchy, but at the same time some of the store bought soft ones just seem dry. But a home made one fresh from the oven is fantastic."
2. Snicker Doodles - "I haven't actually had a snicker doodle in quite some time. But I know I still love them. And like the others, way better when soft."
1. Chocolate Chip - "So why is the most common cookie number one? Because it's the best. While these are also better when soft (and warm) I can eat them in crunchy for just fine because the only way I each these is with a glass of milk. They just seem so much better when with milk it almost seems wrong to eat them plain."
5. Girl Scout Thin Mints - "I like the combination of chocolate and mint. It's delicious. They're great in milk too."
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie - "another cookie that is great in milk. I love homemade ones the best. Especially when the chocolate is melty and the cookie is really soft and squishy."
3. Oreos - "I love Oreos. The filling with the cookie is great. And Just a heads up for my other favs, any cookies I eat, I eat with milk. I loved when my dad used to buy Oreos for all the kids, which didn't happen that often, but when it did it was awesome."
2. Peanut Butter Cookies - "Subway has/had the best peanut butter cookies. Another cookie that I like when it's soft and squishy. I went to Subway the other day to buy some and they said they didn't have them anymore. I was pretty sad."
1. Sugar cookie Dough - "I like sugar cookies, but the best way to eat them is uncooked. My friend Kelsey and I used to have sleepovers all the time and we always went to the store and bought sugar cookie dough and ate it while we watched movies. I guess this is the one cookie that I don't have milk with. Unless they're cooked. Then duh, there has to be milk"