And finally, to conclude Marvel Week and welcome in the newest comic book film, Ant-Man, the gang at Secret Stage has come together to discuss their favorite films based on Marvel properties. Here we go:
5. Ant-Man - "The newest Marvel film is the best origin story I've seen in a Marvel movie. It's got a great cast, solid story, and a TON of Easter Eggs for comic fans."
4. Big Hero 6 - "Despite being a cutesy kid's film on the surface, Big Hero 6 manages to showcase some strong themes including family, courage, and heroism. It's a huge departure from the comics, but in this case, crafted a unique and interesting story with plenty of nods for fans."
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past - "It's tough to pick a favorite X-Men film, but I think DoFP does the best of demonstrating the cultural barrier between humans and mutants. In addition, combining the two casts of the past and present films and erasing the worst parts of the franchise were key.
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - "In my opinion, the best Marvel Studios film to date. Expertly captures the philosophies of Captain America while bringing the character into modern day. Really defines itself as a political thriller first and a superhero movie second."
1. Spider-Man 2 - "I don't think any other comic book movie has captured every facet of the source material the as well as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2. It's feature duality in all of the right ways; tense and comical, small-scale young adult life and the perils of being a superhero, and the way the city sees Spidey when his identity is revealed."
5. The Avengers
4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
2. Captain America: The First America
1. Iron Man - "The back story is solid, and the character transformation is believable. If I remember correctly, it was the first of that universe so it really the one that got this whole craze started."
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
3. Iron Man 3
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron
1. Iron Man - "I just really enjoy origin stories and bringing Iron Man to life was tricky and seeing it done well for the first time on the big screen was prime."
5. The Amazing Spider-Man - "I prefer this cast and this director and this movie in general to all of the previous Spider-Man films. Thus, it was nice to be a proud fan instead of embarrassed by Tobey Maguire. "
4. The Avengers - "Getting to finally see the whole crew together was amazing. Enough said."
3. X-Men : Days of Future Past - "I've always liked movies that elaborate on how characters got to where they are. This one did that while still keeping up with the overall storyline."
2. Big Hero 6 - "This is one of my favorite Disney films now and the fact that it is also Marvel makes me extra happy."
1. Guardians Of The Galaxy - "From the screen writing to the cinematography to the obvious answer of on point acting, this movie was incredible. Really captured the fun badassery that is the Marvel universe."
5. The Punisher
3. Big Hero 6
2. Iron Man
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron - "Some may disagree. But I think Jarvis/vision was well played. Ultron was a great villain, who gave them the major setback before the regroup and overcome. Introduced some solid heroes, some that started off on the other side of things. Plus there was good humor in there as well."
4. X-Men - "You have to appreciate that first story, that bring the team together. And makes them overcome their personal issues/differences to fight a common enemy."
3. Ant-Man - "My favorite thing was the humor. And I agree with all casting choices. They played their roles well. Solid villain, right amount of crazy. The doubtful daughter that eventually came around. And the supportive mentor that always knew he could do it. Great, well rounded movie."
2. The Amazing Spider-Man - "I enjoy Andrew Garfield in the role. It had two well played villains. The major personal death, that I didn't think would come so soon. It was just well cast and well played."
1. The Avengers - "It think it had everything a movie needed. Solid action, a good villain, personal conflict, the setback, the death on the hero side, the ultimately they came together to win. My only personal issue is the neglect to some important heroes."
5. The Punisher
4. The Avengers
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
1. Guardians of the Galaxy - "It's a super good movie. With action, comedy, and tons of different characters it's by far my favorite. So far."