We're still really early in 2016, and the hype is building for the first few blockbusters of the year. Superheroes, Star Wars, remakes, sequels...It's all on the way. With so many feature films to look forward to, we thought it'd be fun to ask everyone what had us the most excited. Here are our picks:
5. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - "I feel that a lot of people are more excited about this one than I am, but I've just never been huge into Superman. I am, however, excited to see him and Batman fight alongside each other against Doomsday. Seeing those two personalities together I think is going to be interesting, and I think that's mainly what I'm looking forward to."
4. Ghostbusters - "There's not a lot of information out about this one, but just the fact that it's a classic, I'm hoping that it's handled carefully. I really enjoy when something is re-imagined and I'm looking forward to seeing how this one plays out."
3. Suicide Squad - "Honestly, I wasn't thrilled when I first saw Jared Leto as The Joker but with more thought I'm going to give it a chance. What I'm more curious to see is Harley Quinn."
2. Captain America: Civil War - "This is a hero that I DID grow up reading and really enjoying and I'm excited to see the drama unfold between Tony and Steve. This is so close to being my number one, but I haven't as of yet really enjoyed seeing Deadpool on the big screen and I think this one could really do it for me, and for that reason I am a little more excited."
1. Deadpool - "I have to admit, growing up I wasn't a diehard fan or anything, and it seems these days that Deadpool has become quite popular. I've just seen the trailers, and it looks like it's going to be very entertaining."
5. Captain America: Civil War – “I will never not go see a Marvel movie nowadays, but I’m not as excited to see this one as I was others in the past. I like superhero movies when they are fighting supervillains. But I feel like this one is going to follow Iron Man 3, in that there is going to be more arguing than fighting. But, there will be some supervillain fighting, so I’m sure it will still be good.”
4. Dr. Strange – “I don’t know much about Dr. Strange, other than the fact that he does magic, I don’t know much at all. But after seeing Ant Man and enjoying it, despite not knowing anything about the character, I’m sure I will enjoy this one as well.”
3. Suicide Squad – “This is another one that I don’t really know anything about the characters, in fact I know nothing about them at all. But I think that will be a nice change. Plus, teams fighting together for the first time is always pretty good.”
2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – “Although I said I like it when superheroes are fighting supervillains, it is also pretty cool when they are fighting each other. Not to be confused with arguing with each other. Plus, I’ve always liked how paranoid Batman was about Superman, so now I will get to see what that leads to.”
1. Deadpool – “Damn it, all my picks were superhero movies weren’t they. Oh well. I do know a little bit about Deadpool. What I know put together with the little bit of trailer that I’ve seen and the billboards tells me this movie is going to be great. Both for the comedy and the action sequences.”
HM. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - "The main reason this is ranked so low on my list, even though it's Batman which I adore, is I've never been big on Superman. Also, I feel like they've been spoiling it left and right leading up to the release, so any real intrigue I had has faded. Should still be a decent film though."
5. Zoolander 2 - "For serious. The first Zoolander sparked some of the best quotes in film history and became a cult classic. To get a sequel with the same cast 15 years later? Exsqueezeme, but that's too good to be true. I simply can not wait."
4. Finding Dory - "Who doesn't love Finding Nemo? I mean, REALLY!? It's one of the best animated films there is and Dory was a major factor. Getting an elaboration on her story will be fantastic, not to mention the joy I feel in getting another great Pixar adventure!"
3. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - "I'll be honest. I'm SUPER late to the Harry Potter game when it comes to the books in that I just finished the series last year. With that said though, the wizarding world is fresh in my mind and I LOVE Eddie Redmayne. With it taking place before Voldemort and set right here in America, it' the refreshing return fans needed."
2. Suicide Squad - "EVERYONE has been criticizing Jared Leto as the Joker/voicing their skepticism of the film in general for ages. But me, I've been excited for this from the beginning. I've always loved the concept of the Suicide Squad and am excited to see how these great actors play with such fun villain roles."
1. Deadpool - "Deadpool, as you may recall from Marvel week last summer, is my favorite super hero. He's sarcastic, vulgar, and a total badass. When I heard there was going to be a Deadpool movie, I was nervous. Finding the right actor and making it as grimy as the comics could be difficult. But, Ryan Reynolds is perfect and everything I've seen so far makes it seem like they didn't hold back on the ridiculous obscenities. I'm stoked to have him as my valentine, too."
5. Lazer Team - "I don't listen to Rooster Teeth but everyone else does and they love them. Everyone is super pumped for the movie which makes me excited too."
4. Zootopia - "I saw a commercial for this movie and there was a scene with sloths and they made really dumb jokes. It also looks like a real cute movie."
3. Finding Dory - "I loves finding nemo and dory was my favorite little fish is the movie. So I'm really excited to see that dory has her own movie."
2. Captain America: Civil War - "Iron man and Captain America going up against each other is going to be intense. I don't follow comics so I have no idea how it's going to go down. But I can't wait to see. "
1. Suicide Squad - "I'm kind of excited to see how Jared Leto does as the Joker. He looks creepy and I like that. This movie looks like it's going to be super action packed which is awesome. Can't wait."
5. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - "I'm a big fan of the paranormal, and supernatural. I like super powers a lot, probably because I'd like to have them, and magic falls into that category for me. I have high expectations for this one.
4. X-Men: Apocalypse - "I really enjoy the whole franchise. I do feel "Day of Future Past" was a little lacking. So this for me is hopefully, redeeming. I want this to bring the action, and consistency of the storyline back."
3. Now You See Me 2 - "As stated, I like magic. Now I'm not one to over analyze movies, or try to figure the ending out as we get there. So I really liked the first one, and didn't see the ending coming. I look forward to discovering all the tricks as they happen again."
2. Doctor Strange - "I enjoy this character as a whole. So I'm really excited to see how they portray his story. As you've noticed by now, I also want to see this one for the sorcery aspect."
1. Captain America: Civil War - "I am looking forward to all the marvel characters over the multiple platforms to finally be on the same screen. I am under the impression, we may encounter some casualties on the hero side, so I want to know who that will be, and how it affects the group. Not to mention the future films."
5. Moana - "I love Disney animation, and this one caught my eye early on. It looks beautiful, and you can't go wrong with The Rock."
4. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - "Harry Potter lore might be the thing I know better than anything else. I made my peace with the series ending in 2007, but I'm definitely on board with Jo Rowling writing a film set in the same universe with fringe characters we've only heard in passing."
3. The Jungle Book - "Jon Favreau is one of my favorite directors (Iron Man, Chef), and I love the original animated film. This live action version has a great cast, and looks absolutely stunning. Can't wait."
2. Suicide Squad - "I could have filled this list with superhero movies. There are simply so many big ones coming out that I'm excited for, from X-Men, to Deadpool, to Doctor Strange. The most interesting however, to me, is Suicide Squad. I can't wait to see the movie in action, and really make the best of all of its moving parts. Should be a treat."
1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - "How could you not want to see this? The story of how the rebellion acquired the Death Star plans prior to Episode IV? Darth Vadar will probably be in it? Young Han Solo might show up? HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?"